Tuesday, January 18, 2011

So soon?

Pin It Now! I know... only the second day (I wrote the previous post [my first post] yesterday, not this morning), and I'm at it again. The kids are napping. I'm waiting for the laundry to dry and yes... I have already worked out :) I have to say, I do love the thought of blogging now. It feels great!

Now onto something that WON'T feel so good. What I weigh. I knew this would be hard.. Just not THIS hard. It really is more embarrassing than anything, and I never thought I would be sharing this for all to see; but then, what would be the point if people didn't "see" the results, right?

So, here it goes. This morning for my weigh in, I was 184.4. Ouch. To some, that might not be that bad. However, this is something I have been battling for the last five years. Most of my life I have been around 125-130. A good healthy weight. People here in Colorado have never even seen me at a healthy weight. Ugh... so much time gone, so quickly.

Maybe I should talk about the addictive personality I have. When I go through something major in my life, I react in a way that isn't healthy, i.e. overeating. My mom passed away five years ago and I never really grieved over that loss... I didn't have TIME to grieve properly. I was the executor of her will. I had to organize the funeral (MUCH thanks to my Aunt Nancy for being there). I had to go through the rental she lived in and get it cleaned out for the next tenants. I know, people go through tragedy all of the time. We all handle it differently. I eat, or... ATE. If I was drinking at that point in my life, I would have drank. Not to mention, I quit smoking soon after she passed away. For anyone who has done that, you know where I am coming from.

I watch "Hoarders" on TLC and I am constantly amazed at the extreme people will to go to when something happens in their life and they don't know how to deal with it. I honestly can say that if I were to lose a child, I think that I may, one day be featured on that show. Maybe that's why I am so amazed? I totally get it? Thankfully I am also learning to let God heal me and hopefully I will never have to experience that BIG of a hurt. But, I have Him to lean on when I need him. My NEW "crutch." I would never want to go through this life without him.

Is that my lesson? To allow my addictive personality to lead me to a closer relationship with Him? I hope so. Already today I have prayed through a craving and it worked! Whoop! Maybe I can even become healthily addicted to working out if there is such a thing. If I rely on Him to help me, to heal me, to strengthen me... I can't fail.

So, once a week on Tuesdays I will try to post my weight and hopefully it will be a smaller number than the week before. I will also try to post some yummy HEALTHY recipes for you to try out. I already have quite a few in my recipe binder. Thank you Dave Ramsey for your "beans-n-rice" mentality. You have helped me more than you know.

This is a GREAT website for anyone who is interested.... Thank you Jane Loeber for introducing it to me ;)
www.myfitnesspal.com

No comments: